Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert STL and Surfaces to Freestyle Sub-D Mesh

0 Kudos

Convert STL and Surfaces to Freestyle Sub-D Mesh

What if we were able to convert imported STL data and surfaces, whether imported or created, a single patch or a merged quilt, into a Freestyle sub-D mesh directly in Creo? 

Here's a scenario where I would benefit from this functionality:

===================================================================================

I'm working with an Automotive Clay Sculptor to convert a highly-stylized piece of bodywork into digital data that can be quickly modified and iterated. I scan the clay, convert to STL, them import into Creo. I convert the STL into a Freestyle sub-D mesh feature. I then work with the Stylist to iterate and refine the form. This happens very quickly due to the pushing and pulling of the mesh.

===================================================================================

Right now, I have to do this in a secondary software called Zbrush then import back into Creo as an .OBJ. This ability to import .OBJ files into Freestyle is a hug benefit. It's increased my efficiency and speed greatly - so thank you Freestyle Development Team. However, if I was able to eliminate this, it'd increase it even more. What do you say development team?!

Thank you for listening.

All the Best,

-Nathan