Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a feature on the model tree when we scale a model

Create a feature on the model tree when we scale a model

when we have to scale a model, using the scale model tool

we lose all the information of the operation, if other user work in the same model, he will never know about that operation.

If we want to undo the scale it should be possible to erase or supress the feature from the model tree

I dont want to use the shrinkage tool.

8 Comments
Visitor

It is very dangerous to scale a model when it isn't evident whether it has or hasn't been done.

I have been wanting this feature for a long time. Sometimes I need to have different models for a plastic part, and also for the master pattern, which is aluminum. The master pattern is a simple scaling of the plastic "final" part.

The way I currently deal with this is to put an annotation (note) feature in the scaled part, indicating the numeric scale factor applied, etc.

Amethyst

I wish to have this option: "Create a feature" or "scale directly without adding feature"

Visitor

I used the scale model in a job, but some surfaces didn't scale up correctly as other features. Have anyone the same experiences? thanks

Opal

This is a duplicate of Scale Feature

I will close this, please vote (there are already 40), at the other post.

Best,

Toby

if the scale model is added as a feature it will conflict with in shrinkage feature in mold design.

I mean to say the shrinkage feature will not be of much use after that.why would then customers buy mold design?

Topaz II

The mold design package is much, much more than applying shrinkage to parts.  It's for defining mold splits, water line layouts, runners, mold bases, ejector pins and more.  Adding a shrinkage feature to the base package does little to degrade the value of the mold design package, in my view.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged