cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Create a possibility to define settings for STL export values (eg. chord height, angle control)

Create a possibility to define settings for STL export values (eg. chord height, angle control)

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Windchill 11, Creo 8, automotive supplier

2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
We want to set own default values for STL export.

4. What is the use case for your organization?
We want to use CAD worker to create STL files automatically and define default values for STL export for all users

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
User dont need to set the STL export values manually

4 Comments
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

If you need something immediately, and if you are always doing the same settings before outputting an STL file, you could use the trick lots of people use for this type of problem:

Create a mapkey by recording the sequence of settings you need to perform.

I've not made one in a while, but poking around (in Creo 4.0) shows me that mapkey creation is done by:

File->Options

Environment->Mapkey Settings...

This brings up a small dialog that you can use to define a mapkey. Hopefully you'll be able to record all the steps you take to initiate an STL file output. Sorry I don't have the German menu picks.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you @spetras for your idea and @KenFarley for a possible workaround.

Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.

spetras
9-Granite

Thanks @KenFarley for your proposal. This is working fine for a user on a workstation. But is it working for a CAD worker as well?

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with the "CAD worker". Looking it up, it seems to be some sort of functionality of Windchill?

The mapkey is a sequence of inputs to Creo, using the commands available to a user. Therefore, unless someone knows a way to run them outside the program, I would think you'd need to be actually running Creo to use them.