Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a report for mass and CG of all components in subassemblies

Create a report for mass and CG of all components in subassemblies

As of now, Analysis -> Mass Properties shows mass and CG data for the componenets / sub assemblies in the top assembly. Allow option to expand that to include all components in all sub assemblies as well. This would be a mass and CG report top to bottom of an entire assembly.

Currently you have to manually combine the report for each sub assembly and there is no easy way to get CG data for a component in a sub-assembly relative to a top assembly CYS. It would also be nice if this was available in a .cvs output option.

4 Comments
Alexandrite

The report should include units as well

Alexandrite

I found out the other day that mp_calc_level all_models does exactly this. However it does not give you the component level nor does it allow you to export it out to a friendly file format like csv.

Also it skips over components that have 0 mass and or have entered mass inputs (SPR 2255355 has been filed to resolve this).

Participant

Correct I have used the mp_calc_level all_models command and I am able to add in tree columns that contain the mass properties for each component but it is based off the default (alt_csys) or the component csys. I am trying to get it based on the master csys, but changing the csys on the assembly as a whole by changing the model properies and mass properties csys doesn't work. The tree columns addition that contain the mass properies isn't able to export as a csv but you can export it as a .txt which I plan on importing into xcel, so my one hang up is getting Creo to accept the mass calculation based on the master csys and populating the tree columns, which I know it can calculate the properties from the master csys since I have results from the Analysis->Mass Properties method. I am trying to figure this out using the tree columns because then the data is in a format that I want, otherwise I have to take the results form the Analysis->Mass Properties method and create a script that will go into the data and reformat it. 

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged