Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo 3 & Chrome networking with PDMLINK

Creo 3 & Chrome networking with PDMLINK

Networking problem when using Creo 3 with PDMLINK

Chrome is built to use the IE network settings. In Creo 2, I can set Firefox network settings up in a way to best make use of the network and leave IE alone to the corporate IT types (here they force the use of a proxy config script). How do I do that going forward with Creo 3 which is going to use IE or Chrome? PTC has taken functionality away that enables alternative network browser settings that make their toolset run better.

This issue is due in part to a known Microsoft IE issue (http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/262981)

The resolution provided by Microsoft does not work if you have to use a proxy config script.

I already figured out Chrome using the command line to set the proxy server and proxy server bypass in advance of getting Creo3 and installing it. Didn’t see how that was going to be usable inside of Creo3 unless PTC is not bundling Chrome as it did with Mozilla/Firefox. If PTC is using the external Chrome implementation, will CREO3 allow the command line to be altered to include the proxy statement and bypass? If PTC does bundle a Chrome implementation like they did previously with Firefox, the same question about being able to configure the proxy and bypass is applicable.

The use of Google Chrome Extensions are also a question, if we use them to correct/skirt this issue, will PTC support their use or tell us to turn them off if we’re having any issues. A lot of this again depends on PTC’s implementation plan, is PTC bundling Chrome as done previously with Firefox?

Anyone else have this sort of problem?

1 Comment
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived