1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We design and manufacture high-end electronics. I am the CAD Manager / PTC SME. Stakeholders for this idea include our Creo user community.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 220.127.116.11
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. The Creo Mold Extension development seems to have been stagnant for many years. Our design engineers need a little more functionality out of the tool than what it currently offers. The one big feature that we require is a warpage analysis. We have to use another, disconnected, tool because this extension can't give us everything we need. We would prefer to work within the creo environment, but unfortunately we have to skip this PTC offering.
Moldex, the company that makes the extension, has standalone tools that have a litany of modules and capabilities. Most of that functionality is geared for the manufacturing vendors. However, they should evaluate which other features the design engineers could use and port that into the extension. They can start by comparing their feature offering to those of their competitors, like Moldflow Advisor Ultimate, which is also geared toward the design engineer.
We could also benefit from quickly generating design scenarios as well.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Our design teams need to use another non ptc tool, because the offering provided by ptc is coming up short. We believe this can be easily remedied, since the company that provides the extension has this capability in their other solutions. Out design engineers run through a mold analysis before a design goes to the vendor, to try to minimize DFM and iterative process. Warpage is critical for our usage of a mold analysis tool.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? By using a PTC tool, it would help reduce translation time from the different tools, and decrease the overall process. It would also make it easier to learn, as it is all within the same design tool.