cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo Parametric Simulate - Design Analysis Flexible Dimensions (model dimension variation driven from analysis) and Specify Different Materials

Creo Parametric Simulate - Design Analysis Flexible Dimensions (model dimension variation driven from analysis) and Specify Different Materials

Please add the ability to change a model dimension(s) from within the design analysis and store the new values in the design analysis.

This would give users the ability to do what if analysis or test multiple configurations for a part or design without the need to save multiple models for multiple configurations or test variants.

Examples:

-Tent leg with multiple positions

-Back Hoe / excavator with multiple positions

- A part where you want to apply the same load at the same relative position to the part but need to change the distance from the part for multiple analysis.

The idea is to store the variant info in each design analysis that relates only to testing the part. Only one part exists in production, but may be used in multiple assemblies which drives the need for many test states and load locations relative to the part. This would allow multiple test states to be accomplished at the part level with out creating multiple parts or saving the part multiple times for doing batch simulate analysis.

Quote from below: "So now after the product is released you want to do a component level FEA analysis to validate that it will work.You do not want to have to revise the part (ecn change) and you don't want to create an assembly do to other changes you need to make for FLoEFD CFD analysis that you also want to run on the same part. FloED will not run on assemblies with assembly level features.  (so in this case I might be merging the part so I can setup the analysis)"

It would be nice if you could also specify a different material for each analysis for design of experiments.  This would prevent you from saving multiple models or creating a family table to check to see what different materials results might provide you.

2 Comments
Moonstone

Are you aware of design optimization studies? I think this is what you are looking for:

Tutorial: Performing a Design Optimization

Garnet

Hi Christopher,

Yes, I'm familiar with  design optimization studies. I also use sensitivity studies.
In my case I'm not trying to optimize the design but run FEA analysis to correlate physical MTS data.

Let's say you specify your assembly to only use one spacer.  Now in the customer application they say they need 3 spacers in order for the product to work for them. with one  spacer they say it will not reach but with 3 the product will reach.

So now after the product is released you want to do a component level FEA analysis to validate that it will work.You do not want to have to revise the part (ecn change) and you don't want to create an assembly do to other changes you need to make for FLoEFD CFD analysis that you also want to run on the same part. FloED will not run on assemblies with assembly level features.  (so in this case I might be merging the part so I can setup the analysis)

Hope this makes sense.