cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo extension demo environment

0 Kudos

Creo extension demo environment

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
My company designs consumer electronics. I'm a CAD administrator, supporting our design engineers.

2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Currently, it's hard to demo Creo extensions to get buy-in that would help our team. PTC requires a legal sign off, which means I need to submit the document to our internal legal team for signature. Evaluating a Creo extension is very low-priority for them, so it takes a long time and a lot of effort to even try an extension to see if our engineering team would want to purchase it. Even with the legal sign-off, I need to get the license and configure it on our system. Then, the license is time-limited, and engineers may not have time to review it within the time-limit. 

4. What is the use case for your organization?
An easier way for our engineers to demo Creo extensions so they will prove out the value, and be able to build the case for management to support purchasing it.

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Much faster cycle time to evaluate a Creo extension. Productivity gains for our engineering teams by having access to the most beneficial extensions.

Here's the idea: make a cloud version of Creo available where engineers can log in and demo out all of the Creo extensions. You can lock it such that no files can be saved out, so you're sure it won't be used for production development. You could even time lock a session so that everything is erased after 30 minutes or something. 

There are Creo extensions that I think would currently benefit our engineering team, but it's currently really hard for us to get access to demo software. Engineers may not even know that an extensions exists. As a CAD admin, if I can point them to a demo site, they might try the extension and build a strong case for how it would benefit them. This would be a win-win for both PTC and engineering customers. 

1 Comment
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you @joe_morton for your idea. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.