Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section in Construction-lines

Cross Section in Construction-lines

The function Cross section is available in Modeling, however this function creates normal lines on a workplane.

We would like to see the same function also be able to create the cross section in construction lines.

This is part of PTC Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 19.0

10 Comments

The Cross Section command can create either normal lines or construction lines. The toggle at the top of the Contour menu determines which type of lines will be created.

I'm not sure that this toggle is available in Version 18.1?

It is available for Equidistant and Overdraw, but is only active for that command - so does not remain at 'Construction' when the 'Cross Section' option is selected

The toggle is not present in 18.1

I am still using 17, so I was surprised when I started 18.1 that there is no way to toggle the cross section command to produce construction geometry. That is very unfortunate, and why I voted for this.

There is a workaround: use the "Convert Geo" command to convert the regular geometry to construction geometry.

Visitor

an answer to this issue has already been provided in idea http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2369#comment-8578

problem still occurs in beta 19. please report to R&D!!!

Reported, but no spr filed. Product sugestion, that is why I started this topic.

Visitor

good news.

i just checked modeling 19 BETA B010 and it is possible again to chose for construction or real geometrie, just like in versions before 18

Indeed this is good news.

Downloaded B010 this morning, but have been testing ModelManager mostly.

I'l verify tomorrow.

I can confirm, it's back in 19.0 B010.

Due to the NDA, I cannot post a screenshot

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived