cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default opening multi-sheet drawing on first sheet (Sheet 1)

Default opening multi-sheet drawing on first sheet (Sheet 1)

Open a multi-sheet (multi-folio) drawing on first sheet (Sheet 1)

Generally, the most important information of a multi-folio drawing his on sheet 1.

Actually, if you have saved the drawing on sheet 3, you will open it in a new session on sheet 3.

A config.pro option could be added: default_open_drawing_sheet   *first, saved

Default opening sheet   Sheet 1.jpg

11 Comments
lscheeler
Peridot

I would not like this forced functionality (option is okay) unless it also had the option to open on 1st sheet only after being checked in (when used with PDMLink).

Often I want to open multiple sheet dwgs to the last worked on sheet so I can continue working on it the next day or when I get back to it after having to shut down ProE/Creo

Lawrence

We are considering this for Creo 4.0.

If we do implement this enhancement, of course we will make it optional and you will still be able to use the current behavior if you like that better.

pshepherdson

And change the tab colours!  As they are now (Cero 2) its hard to differentiate between the current sheet tab & other tabs..  the colours are sooo close..

StephenWilliams
Sapphire III

Actually there is a change coming to colors in Creo 4, not sure how it will play out with the sheet tabs though.

Possibility to change ribbon color in Creo 3.0

jeffreyrwalker
Aquamarine

How about an optional (config option) prompt while opening a drawing offering what sheet to open?

Much like "open_simplified_rep_by_default" for assemblies. If enabled, it will prompt the user with a list of the sheets in the drawing, where the selected sheet is the one that is opened. This could speed up drawing work by jumping to and regenerating views only on the sheet of interest.

StephenWilliams
Sapphire III

@jeffreyrwalker, If you work on large multisheet drawings, you may want to investigate drawing reps. Without any setup, you can open a draiwng with NO VIEWS or ALL VIEWS. If you set up more drawing reps, you can open a drawing to a specific sheet with specific views pulled up.

You can open any drawing by going to FILE OPEN, hit the down arrow next to the open button and select open representation. When you have a drawing selected, it will present a menu for all view or no views.

NicolasBourgeoi1
Aquamarine

RaphaelCNascime wrote on on the ‎  08-08-2014   ....

"We are considering this for Creo 4.0"

So, so ?  4 years later ?

StephenWilliams
Sapphire III

Raphael is no longer with PTC so it is unlikely you will get an official response.

It's too bad because he at least tried to engage in the community.

BenLoosli
Sapphire II

Raphael no longer works for PTC.

I like the option of selecting the sheet you want to open at file open time like simplified reps.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Mfridman
Moonstone
Status changed to: Under Consideration