There is no good method to display the model units (length, mass, etc.) on a drawing or in a drawing Repeat Region (BOM table).
Thank you for publishing your idea. However, we need more information as specified in the form you saw in the submission process. (questions below). The more details and context you give to document your idea, the better. Think about ways to educate and convince other Community members to support your idea and present your case to the product management team for consideration.
Please let us know within the next two weeks.
1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
2. What product & version are you currently running?
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Additionally, I invite you to check out this topic where 2 PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product roadmaps.
1) DOD/Aerospace/Space products. ME Tools administrator. Mechanical Engineers and Designers.
2) Creo Parametric 7.0.
3) Currently when units are called out on a drawing they are manually set using dumb text and are independent of the model units. We benefit from being able to automatically display the model units on the drawing title block (table cell) and in repeat regions.
4) Reduced human error in correctly displaying model units in the drawing.
5) Difficult to quantify. Errors have occurred or been caught during the checking process. Implementing this would reduce engineering reworkand required checking time.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Creo knows the model units. It just needs to expose these as parameters that can be referenced and displayed wherever users so desire.
Thank you for your idea and the information provided.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.