1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Our organization is active in the field of construction machinery, combustion engines, and hydraulic components. I work in the IT department of the company, and we have a CAD-CAM integration project. We want to use the Model Based Definition on Creo Parametric (drawingless).
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? Currently, we use Creo Parametric 188.8.131.52
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
I noticed that when we use the function ''Merge/Inheritance'', we can activate the option ''Toggle Inheritance''.
This allows the functions of the base model to be inserted into the model tree of the final part (Ext Inheritance Cut). So associativity between the two models is possible, but only in one way (Parent to Child).The risk is that the inheriting part is modified and that the base model is not updated.
We don't want to give the possibility to create Varied Items in this case. The base model must remain the absolute reference.
In conclusion, we need the benefit of the Ext Inheritance Cut Out feature to show annotations but without the ability to create Varied Items.
4. What is the use case for your organization? We want to integrate MBD into our construction and manufacturing methodologies.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? CAD-CAM integration, manufacturing and design process improvement