cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Do not require a BMX license for adding a point at the CG using the Mass Properties feature.

Do not require a BMX license for adding a point at the CG using the Mass Properties feature.

There is a checkbox when creating a Mass Properties feature to add a point or coordinate system at the CG.  When PTC changed the licensing packages, we found out the hard way that this basic mass properties feature requires the BMX (Behavioral Modeling Extension) license. 

JamesAvis_0-1618933903735.png

BMX described by PTC:  "rapidly optimize geometry to solve for design goals and engineering criteria".  So it's an iterative solver, and should not be required for basic mass properties functions that are in the mass properties interface.

There is a needlessly complex workaround proposed by PTC (https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS73023😞

• Create Mass Properties analysis feature with XCOG, YCOG and ZCOG parameters
  • Gather XCOG, YCOG and ZCOG local parameters values from RMB click to Mass Properties analysis feature from Model Tree; Info > Feature
  • Create Datum Coordinate System or Offset Coordinate System Datum Point using default coordinate system and XCOGYCOG and ZCOG parameters values
1 Comment
Aaron_Daniel
13-Aquamarine

Place a COG feature in your 'start part' with a COGX Datum Plane offset by $COGX, COGY Datum Plane offset by $COGY, COGZ Datum Plane offset by $COZ

create the following relations (I placed mine in a group called COG)

$COGX=PRO_MP_COGX
$COGY=PRO_MP_COGY
$COGZ=PRO_MP_COGZ

Create a Coordinate referencing the intersection of the three planes.  This adds a little size to all your start parts, but I find the ability to immediately reference the COG is worth it.COGCOGCOG_Notes2.jpg