Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Sheet Publish Option

Drawing Sheet Publish Option

In Creo 4, PTC included a Publish option for 3D View States so users could have views that wouldn't have to publish to Creo View. This same functionality would be very useful for Drawing Sheets. I could see several use cases from this: having a DXF sheet that won't publish to PDF or maybe having a secondary page for engineering notes. Our CAD designers end up having to do a lot of monkeying around to prevent DXF sheets from messing up drawing PDF's (they create a whole new PDM object called DrawingName_dxf.drw or create DXF's drawing on the fly with mapkeys).The non published sheet would not be included the total number of sheets, every sheet would publish by default, and there'd be a way to transfer this to CAD Workers that auto publish PDFs.

Here's the option shown in Creo 4 for View States:

Publish MBD Option.jpg

5 Comments
Topaz II

Especially dxf of sheetmetal or laser cut parts that need to go to the vendor.

Moonstone

We have our publishing setup to create the "standard" Creo View hpgl plus a pdf and a dxf via publish rules for all drawings. It would be nice to have options to control which sheets were published to which formats. For example:

Sheet 1: all formats

Sheet 2: hpgl, pdf only

Sheet 3: dxf only

Moonstone

RandyJones wrote:

We have our publishing setup to create the "standard" Creo View hpgl plus a pdf and a dxf via publish rules for all drawings. It would be nice to have options to control which sheets were published to which formats. For example:

Sheet 1: all formats

Sheet 2: hpgl, pdf only

Sheet 3: dxf only

What I meant by "options to control" would be controlled by detailer setting these options in the drawing for each sheet that needed special publishing handling.

Exactly

Yes I accept.

When a DXF file is created from a sheet in the drawing this sheet need to be removed prior to generating the PDF output file. This option need to be handled in some parameter.