cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Drawing View Combination State - Does not show style with both shaded and wireframe components

Drawing View Combination State - Does not show style with both shaded and wireframe components

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.  Suspension Manufacturing, Lead Sr. Designer, Class 9 Truck OE's

2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 8.0.4.0

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. 

In an assembly I can create a Style showing a combination of shaded and wireframe components.  See image

ptc281032_0-1677605763078.png

This view is not available in drawing/detail mode.  It can show the combination state, but does not give that option to display with that style.  

ptc281032_1-1677605998782.png

4. What is the use case for your organization?
This would be very useful in assembly drawing, documentation literature, etc.  We also manufacture welded assemblies.  If we could show the solid weld as "shaded", and the fabricated parts as "no hidden" in the drawing it would be very useful for our welders to see where the weld is located.

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
It would save a lot of time for manufacturing, and make things much clearer, preventing costly mistakes.

3 Comments
StephenW
23-Emerald II

There is already an existing IDEA for this. Already has 75 votes.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Combined-State-in-drawing-does-not-carry-Style/idi-p/452782

Its from 2014 so I wouldn't hold my breath!

ptc-281032
7-Bedrock

Wow 2014! Thank You, I hadn't seen that one before.

achirila
Status changed to: Duplicate

Hi @ptc-281032!

Thank you for your idea. 

However, this seems to be a duplicate of an older idea, which you can check here. I encourage you to vote this idea up.

Regards,

Andra