cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Dual dimensioning system with primary dimension in decimal and secondary in inches(Fraction)

Dual dimensioning system with primary dimension in decimal and secondary in inches(Fraction)

Hi,

I am wondering if it's possible to have dual dimensioning system with primary dimension in millimeter and decimal and secondary dimension in inches(fraction)?

When I try to combine them to display millimeter and fraction the decimals for millimeter is not shown.

Is it possible to have them displayed also?

(see image as an example).

Thanks in advance.

8 Comments
TomU
23-Emerald IV
AntonG
4-Participant

Thanks for the quick respond!

Okay, then I know. Thanks for the info anyway! 🙂

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You can!  @AntonG 

StephenWilliams_0-1630416277439.png

In the drawing options, set dual dimensioning to primary[secondary]

Set your dimension format to fractional

set your dual dimensions "precision" for the metric decimal places

StephenWilliams_1-1630416534815.png

StephenWilliams_2-1630416544673.png

AntonG
4-Participant

@StephenW I have already apply those settings in Drawing properties. Is there something more that needs to be enabled/disabled?

Because I can't change the precision after I select fraction.2021-08-31_16-08-40.jpg

StephenW
23-Emerald II

@AntonG 

Ya, my primary units are Inch so fractional  works correctly and it still allows the metric units display in decimal.

Apparently it doesn't work correctly the other way around.

The only way I can find to make it work is to change your primary units to inch, your secondary units to mm and set your dual dimensions to secondary[primary].

I understand this is a very poor option.

kamleshjoshi
15-Moonstone

This is very important, I thought it was there. But it is not there.

achirila
Status changed to: Clarification Needed

Hi @AntonG!

Thank you for publishing your idea.

However, you give the bare minimum of information. The more details and context you give to document your idea, the better. Think about ways to educate and convince other Community members to support your idea and present your case to the product management team for consideration.

Here are a few examples of well documented ideas:

Improve/fix the sheetmetal mirror feature - PTC Community

[Eztol] Rename action not synchronous in Eztol - PTC Community

Always enable ability to 'Add View Label' in a dra... - PTC Community

Please elaborate within the next two weeks.

Additionally, I invite you to check out this topic where PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product roadmaps.

achirila
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,
We are following up on our request for additional information on your idea. In the absence of further comments from you, we are archiving your idea. You still have the option to post a new idea with all the details required.
Thank you.