Drawing Datum Feature Symbol should check to see if a Model Datum Feature Symbol already exists.
- A datum was created in the model and shown in the drawing. It could be old style "set datum" or a Datum
Feature Symbol created in the model.
- If you create a drawing Datum Feature Symbol, it does NOT check for duplicity in the model. You could have two datum A's showing in the drawing on two different objects.
- This renders datum name check very ineffective.
BTW...It seems that the industry BKM is to create all Datum Features Symbols in the model, but I have two comments regarding that...
1. Then you have to show or create Model Annotations if you want to attach the Datum Feature Symbol to a dimension. This is more steps.
2. The new functionality in drawing mode to create drafting Datum Feature Symbols is in your face and so, so easy. Our users are going to do the easy way no matter what.
How could PTC allow this but won't allow you to use a Datum Plane or Datum Axis as a datum.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.