Drawing Datum Feature Symbol should check to see if a Model Datum Feature Symbol already exists.
- A datum was created in the model and shown in the drawing. It could be old style "set datum" or a Datum
Feature Symbol created in the model.
- If you create a drawing Datum Feature Symbol, it does NOT check for duplicity in the model. You could have two datum A's showing in the drawing on two different objects.
- This renders datum name check very ineffective.
BTW...It seems that the industry BKM is to create all Datum Features Symbols in the model, but I have two comments regarding that...
1. Then you have to show or create Model Annotations if you want to attach the Datum Feature Symbol to a dimension. This is more steps.
2. The new functionality in drawing mode to create drafting Datum Feature Symbols is in your face and so, so easy. Our users are going to do the easy way no matter what.
How could PTC allow this but won't allow you to use a Datum Plane or Datum Axis as a datum.
Sometimes in Creo 6.0 drawing mode, even if you delete every feature out of your model but a single cylinder feature and all annotations, you still cannot Drawing GTOL Datum Feature Symbol Label A. Duplicated Label A? It seems to be always A, if ever changed. But is does not exist; the previous GTOL Datum A -- model and drawing --- were deleted! And then after a hard regen, label A still blocked. Even deleting all the views and dropping one view does not solve the problem. There is only one solid feature in the model and one view in the drawing. Decimating does not work. The GTOL Datum Label A "sticks" in some drawings. Must delete the drawing file, and redo. I know now to set the Datum A carefully to never trigger the fatal error. I'm lucky this did not occur on the 5 sheet D size part drawing. ITAR programs -- file exchange never an option. Not production ready.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.