cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During Annotation/Drafting save inside Model Manager create a mi file with titileblock properly filled

During Annotation/Drafting save inside Model Manager create a mi file with titileblock properly filled

If from Drafting or Annatation I save for the first time a Drawing in Model Manager or I save one that already exist, happens that

mi file created has titleblock not proplerly filled with masterdata ed drawing metadata information.

So if I export mi file from Model Manager Workspace I obtain a mi file that has titleblock not properly filled.

I ask to modify this behavior that seems to be a bug.

3 Comments
Garnet

"update titleblock" happens when the drawing is *loaded* not when it is stored.

This is the only way to update information in the title block with Meta data that

was changed after the file (drawing) has been saved to the database.

I mean that if I right click on a drawings icon and then "Export" and select "mi format" I can obtain a mi file that has a titleblock not properly filled.

In particular you can try to save first time a drawing and see that mi file has an empty titleblock.

Or If you load ad existing drawing than modify to change Masterdata attributes than store it in model manager, title block of mi has old attributes values.

You can try.Is a bug because if i export a mi file, mi file must have a titleblock with values at save time (Metadata of Masterdata and Drawing).

Problem is that during save in Model Manager, there are mainly 3 phases: mi creation,titleblock update, pdf creation, but titleblock  update is after mi creation.

Garnet

Actually, saving PDF together with saving the drawing does not make sense due to the

way the process is implemented.

As long as Meta Data is changing, a PDF attachment will never be up-to-date.

Therefore, customers are using Task Agent (or other products) to generate PDFs

when the drawing is released (=Meta Data stays fixed, this is the right time to generate the PDF).

There are even more sophisticated products like Ifactory/Iprint from Techsoft which are able to

create the PDF "on the fly" - so it always contains the current Meta Data, even for non-released

drawings.

The standard "save to Modelmanager" does not have comparable functionality.

It makes some sense to "wish" that Modelmanager would have such functionality (enh),

however, you can have solution today, so there is no need to wait for an enh in MM.