1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Worldwide Multisite Medical Device industry. I'm co-owner of the formats and title block management.
I'm called to connect internationally with the others cad managers to unify the entire company Drawing formats.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?
Creo3 for Sustaining projects, Creo7 for new projects.
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Titles in drawing parts are coming from many and different departments, when it comes to the title block, when it needs a longer description, it exits from the cell available space even if quite large.
A Dynamic Font Height Size, dependent on the cell size, could solve it.
If this solution is applied the font text is then reduced in a smaller size but it avoids to exit from title block and manual edit to can be skipped.
In the screenshot here above it's in 1 row and with a too small size (just for exemplification) but the solution should works also for multiple line cells.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Different departments in different worldwide sites are using Creo (and other CADs) for different purposes (R&D, Manufacturing, tooling) with different approaches. This historically led some to use Title in the title blocks as a long description field.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Unification of title blocks for a company drawings same look and feel.
Avoiding designers edit on title blocks, it could be a source for mistakes.
Save time for "aesthetic" intervention on drawings.