cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Enable Geometry Patterns in Sheet Metal

0 Kudos

Enable Geometry Patterns in Sheet Metal

The old "Turbo Pattern" process of creating a surface, solidifying it, then patterning that has been consolidated into what is now called "Geometry Patterns".  Unfortunately this is only available in solid modeling, not the sheet metal module. The fact is that sheet metal perforation for EMI and airflow for thermals is a common design in many fields.The fact that you can't create vent holes in sheet metal with the geometry pattern process is a huge miss. It also shows the inconsistency within Creo between modules. Please enable the ability to create geometry patterns in sheet metal parts similar to how it is done in solid mode.

6 Comments
Guitarzan
3-Visitor

Anyone still need this functionality?

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Geometry pattern is available for simple/non-sheetmetal entities such as holes.  Features with sheetmetal functionality need to be done with a feature pattern to create the sheetmetal functionality for each instance for flattening, one of the biggest reasons for using sheetmetal.

Guitarzan
3-Visitor

Patterns have the ability to be Identical or Generic, where identical ignores overlapping cuts etc. It seems like that functionality could be the same for Geometry Patterns in Sheet Metal, or at least if there are no bends/unbends present. Again, perforation in sheet metal is a very common design and a huge miss in Creo in my opinion.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Not sure what you are looking for, but here is a perforated "basket" with 3 hole extrudes that are patterned with a geometry pattern in 7.0.  It unbends correctly.  I can also unbend it and geometry pattern cuts into the bends and it will bend back.

kdirth_0-1691511711610.png

Guitarzan
3-Visitor

I tested a regular pattern vs. the geometry pattern in sheet metal, and the regular pattern only took 16 sec to regen, while the geometry pattern took 22 sec, or 38% longer. This tells me the geometry pattern in sheet metal, although available, is not working. Geometry patterns should be almost instantaneous. I have thousands of perforation holes in a bezel, and regen time is measured in tens of minutes.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.