Enable rename model and assembly in Model Tree:

rename.png

10 Comments
colmacpro
1-Newbie

What about possible drawings?

GrahameWard
4-Participant

Yes! Just like you can rename a feature in a part, you should be able to rename a component in an assembly.

BillRyan
14-Alexandrite

I agree with the functionality, but "rename" is not the appropriate word while in the Pro-E or Creo Parametric environment.  The rename in Pro-E does not rename objects in WindChill server as it only creates a copy in the workspace and updates the assembly or assemblies in session which use the object.  Maybe a better term is "rename in session only". 

GrahameWard
4-Participant

If you rename a part (in session only, if as you say, you have Windchill) and you do it laboriously by going File>Rename then go drop-down and pick the part you want, then you are still faced with the same situation regarding the name of the part in workspace vs the name of the part in Windchill. The only difference is that with the method suggested above you can do it quicker.

Also: not everyone has Windchill.

Dan_Harlan
1-Newbie

Would have to coordinate with allow_rename_pdm_object. Not sure how I feel about this request from an admin point of view, I know if I enabled/allowed it I would end up with users screwing things up more often. A simple edit in the model of the filename would be fine in a non-pdm world, but in a pdm controlled system, would have to have an intelligent dialog that makes clear what is going to happen in session, in workspace, and in pdm.

MosheBaum
1-Newbie

Thanks for the inputs!

We will consider adding this to with future releases, as well as additional customization options for the RMB menus.

VladimirPalffy
12-Amethyst

Thanks, It will be useful.

Vladimir

ptc-4226637
1-Newbie

About creo 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 or 10.0?

cbrosig
1-Newbie

- rename without pdm is already pretty good in creo.

- working with pdm makes things a bit more complicated on first sight for the users. But it´s necessary like dan harlan said. What maybe would be helpful is an improvement or a more easy way of customizing the workspace/comonspace rename wizard function of Windchill.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged