Bill of Material creation in Creo 2.0 is done via a BOM-balloon Table. This Table has to be on the drawing. This table is rather inflexible:
- it is not possible to change Ref. Designators into alfa-numeric values
- Ref. Designators are not associative with Windchill 10.0 in both directions (so it has to be possible to either change the Ref. Number in Windchill or either change it in Creo Parametric)
- It is not possible to sort collumns by clicking on the header
- It is not possible to set the Ref Designator as a range, you have to fill eacht Ref. Designator seperately, for instance add in the first cell A, the second B, and Excel recognizes that the next cell has to be C, D, E etc.
- Change of the data in the table cells of the BOM-balloon table is not possible via modify value or such a thing. For instance if model name is shown in the table you have to change this in the part and can not change it via the table cel. So associativity is only in 1 direction
- Since we are using Windchill,and are doing configuration Management on the BOM in Windchill, you don/t want the BOM on the drawing, but you do want the Ref. Designators of Windchill on the drawing and do an easy manipulation of the BOM in Creo Parametric which can be transferred to Windchill
- Integrate BOM creation from Windchill and Creo and make is easier and more flexible to use
- Enhance Tables: Microsoft Excel techniques have to be available within Creo Tables or better Excel can be used for all tables including BOM-balloon tables.
- Make it possible to create BOM-balloons from Windchill Ref. Designator without having to make a new table. The BoM Table of Windchill shall be visible and be editable within Creo