cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Enhance Hole creation process

Enhance Hole creation process

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Heating and Air conditioning.  I'm a Mechanical Engineering.  Stake holders would be Engineering, Manufacturing, Replacement Parts, Suppliers.

2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?
Creo 4.0 M130

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.

Change the hole creating wizard to allow:

• An exit counter bore option.
  • In the case of a counter bore, add an option to change how the counter bore is dimensioned.. Today the counter bore is dimension from the surface selected as the placement surface.  What we'd like to see is the option to dimension from the exit surface.  

Screenshot 2022-03-03 095545.png

4. What is the use case for your organization?

When it comes to making a part from a casting when placing the hole on a cast flange for example, we'd rather control the depth of the counterbore from the opposite face which is a machined surface.  This provides greater control of bolt engagement depths eliminating the casting variation.

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
I don't know if I can put a $ amount to it.  I think with this functionality we'd be more inclined to use the hole wizard as apposed to using a revolved cut to get the dimensioning scheme we're looking for.  With the hole wizard we're getting the note automatically so there's some time savings there and with the hole wizard we're consistent as to the size, depths, etc. across various parts.

2 Comments
olivierlp
Community Manager

Hello, 

Thank you for your idea and the information you provided.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged