1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Chassis designer：use sheetmetalandsolid in Creo Parametric & EZTol
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running?
Creo 7.0.3 upgrade to Creo 7.0.8
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
In product concept phase, Users named their created parts or assembly by their favor. It likes SPS_muffler orflame which can let users know what’s that.
And users can use Eztol to help them to check if their design can meet their requirement(6sigma).
When product development phase change to pilot run, Engineers have to change part and assembly name on Windchill and follow company/factory rule, like change “sps_engine.asm” to “560_767a02_001.asm” as below picture shown.
But if we go back to Eztol, we can find the Eztol doesn’t change part or assembly name synchronously.
“SPS_muffler.prt” have been rename to “540_767A02_001.prt”, but it still show “SPS_MUFFLER” in Eztolstackup table.
Although user can double click to change the part name in Eztol, but this still need user to rename manually. It does not make sense because Eztolshall be the Creo Integration solution. But Eztol in Creo doesn’t support rename on Windchillsynchronously.
4. What is the use case for your organization? We use Eztol to build TA stackup and generate TA report. But TA report is not only recorded and reviewed by designer, QA and Customers also have to check TA report. So how the TA generate report viewed impacts user experience.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
We can push Customer to accept to use EZTol more easily. And we can improve RD efficiency.