cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA - Fade away a percentage or range of results (PTC call 11136775)

FEA - Fade away a percentage or range of results (PTC call 11136775)

I have an analysis on an assembly, and somewhere within this assy is a stress raiser.  Due to the high value of the stress raiser, the range goes from very low, to very, very high.  So i have a a lot of Blue on the analysis, and cannot locate the high point of stress amongst the components.

It's difficult to interrogate the less accesible areas, as the analysis is suppressed if any parts within the assy are turned off. 

The Hide/Unhide feature helps, but it does not allow me to get the "Results  --> Inquire" function into the difficult locations.

I would like to be able to fade away a percentage, or a range of results allowing the engineer to easily find or highlight specific areas of stress value.

(An alternative would be for the analysis/LBC's to not be suppressed when a part is turned off)

5 Comments
Garnet

You could change the range of the contour map manually to cover just the top 10 or so percent of the stress.  Then only the highest stress areas would be colored.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I did try this with little success - see image

StressRaiser.PNGI

hope it comes through ok?

Garnet

I see what you are referring to.  Typically for more complex parts and analysis we use a dedicated FEA software (Algor (now Autodesk Simultion) in our case).  This software has tools to highlight the max (or min) stress and to refine the mesh in these areas.  I do not believe that the Creo Direct Design Advisor has these tools available.

Hi Daniel,

There are mesh refinement tools, and you can also manipulate node location for a specifc detail reading.  That said, you have summed up the nature of my request a little better than i did.  Really, I am after an identification of the location of highest stress (other than the colour contour method).  As a minimum, i would accept a coordinate, but would much prefer a visual reference, (or a 'fading' of a percentage or range of values)

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived