1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Manufacturer of systems for on and off-road vehicles and industrial equipment. I am a design engineer. All CAD users.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 7.0
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. We have some purchased components that are received as matched set. These matched sets are assemblies of underscored parts or subassemblies and typically assembled for the print view and are oriented differently when assembled.. Typically underscore parts or subassemblies are added individually and the BOM tables are manually revised to remove the underscore text and the additional rows.
By adding constraint sets to the assembly we can have multiple assembly configurations that can be used with flexibility to assemble the matched set in different assemblies by changing a parameter.
The issue is that the engineer needs to know the name of the constraint set needed and type it in. A drop down, similar to the parameters of the matched set assembly, of the available options would make flexible constraint sets easier to use.
The function is in the Parameter list, why is it not available in flexibility?
4. What is the use case for your organization?
Make flexible constraint sets easier to use and eliminate the need to rename and remove items in the BOM table.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Save time and improve accuracy of BOM tables.