Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature parameter for total length of pipe

Feature parameter for total length of pipe

In the feature info of a pipe feature, there is a section PIPE SEGMENT DATA, where the TOTAL LENGTH OF PIPE is shown.

This value should be available as a feature parameter. So it could be used in drawing notes for example (pipe cutting length).

6 Comments
Alexandrite

From Creo Elements Pro 5 M090 the pipeline parameters are available in the pipe solid

22-05-2012 16-56-48.png

Does this satisfy your requirement?

Moonstone

Hi Jim,

no, this is not the requirement.

I think you are talking about Pro/PIPING.

I'm talking about the part feature Pipe.

In the feature info you can see the "hidden" parameter TOTAL LENGTH OF PIPE. And this parameter can't be referenced in relations or something like that.

pipe_1.png

pipe_2.png

Alexandrite

Domenic

You are correct I was talking about Pro/Piping.   For the pipe feature I do not have a solution however I can offer a workaround with EFX Lite.

EFX Lite is available to all maintenance paying customers (from Wildfire 5.0 M010 onwards) for $0.  EFX lite can create round tubes and the drawing capabilities should give you all you stock and cut lengths.

This may provide a solution and improve your design workflow.  Failing that then of course i would suggest you take a look at Pro/Piping.

Moonstone

Thanks for the tips, Jim!

The problem with EFX Lite is, that currently (and for medium-term) we are working with Pro/E Wildfire 4.0.

We already had a look at Pro/PIPING. But our design engineer aren't fans of assembly features.

The point I don't understand is, the parameter already exists (otherwise the software wouldn't be able to display it ), why isn't it available for the user?

Another workaround from technical support may be helpful for you:

1. Create a datum curve Thru Points Multiple Rad and select the bend points along the pipeline then enter the bend radius for each corresponding point.

2. Create an analysis feature which measures the length of this datum curve: Anlysis > Measure > Length and name as ANALYSIS.

3. The LENGTH feature parameter from the analysis feature will be available for use in relations like:

PARAMETER=LENGTH:FID_ANALYSIS

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged