1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Industry: OEM Food Production Equipment
Role: Mechanical Engineer
Stakeholders: Customers, Management, Production Team
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 22.214.171.124
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Model a formed auger flight as a sheetmetal part and use the Flat Pattern or Unbend feature to create a Flat of that formed part. The Flat would provide accurate dimensions for the raw material to be cut to prior to forming.
Example of formed sheet metal "auger flight":
4. What is the use case for your organization?
Engineering designs auger flights in formed state and Creo flattens the formed part yielding a flat pattern for use in raw material cutting.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? It would prevent mistakes between formed geometry and required flat geometry. It would allow formed modeled part to be automatically flattened and sent to manufacturing for cutting. It would make swept helical sheet metal parts more cost effective.