1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Satellite design and manufacturing. Senior designer and mechanical team team. Stakeholders are our company.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 220.127.116.11
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Using Generative design is key to minimizing mass and overall cost. Using the Contacts function is great in simulating a component that is held by the generated design component. I use this to simulate the supported component and specifically where screws are used to connect the parts. Running an opitmization sometimes results in no material placed around some of the contact points(screw interfaces). Even though they may not be required from an optimization point, they may still be required to be used. Thus it would be good to have a function to enforce material to certain sections.
4. What is the use case for your organization? To fulfill fixation requirements
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? It may simplify the design process and generate better structures.