There are several use-cases for hatching of surfaces in 3D.
- Visually indicate the direction of surface finishing, e.g. for polishing
- Differentiate between two surfaces which appear to be on the same level but actually are not
- Indicate an area of interest in the 3D
- Indicate an area off-limits for manipulation
I imagine the feature to work something like this:
- You could choose between existing hatchings
- You could choose the angle and spacing
- Maybe orient the hatching according to other geometric elements
- Control visibility of 3D hatching with layers should be possible
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.