Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Mechanism be included in every Pro/E Package

Have Mechanism be included in every Pro/E Package

Just like every other 3D CAD package that's out there, the Mechanism "add-on" should be included with the basic Pro/E package.  It's a little frustrating to not have this ability when you just want to check for clearances on a hinged door.  Although, there are workarounds that are a PITA to do, any Pro/E user should not have to do this and they shouldn't have to pay extra to have this capability.  I understand why FEA, Piping & Cabling, and other add-ons must be paid for separately since these are more application specific, but for 3D modeling, the Mechanism capabilities should be open for all users without an added fee.  Maybe this has been addressed in the latest CREO 2.0, if so, sorry for my rant.  I'm using WF 4.0 and Mechanism is currently an "add-on" for those that shell out the extra cash.  Please take this into consideration for future Pro/E releases.

Thank You,

Sam Lamb

9 Comments
Aquamarine

Hi Sam

Probably you have very old Pro/E package.

Yeah I probably do.  I came to this company a year and a half ago and they had just upgraded to WF 4.0.  Well, if Mechanism is now offered in the basic package, is there a way I could get the add-on for free?  That would be SWEET!

Aquamarine

Try to contact PTC sales rep. for your company.

What kind of movement you need? In Wildfire you can select component with Ctrl+Shift+Left Mouse Button. Pls.look at video.

The video link you attached doesn't work.  Could you provide a direct link?

Aquamarine

check again.

That doesn't work for Wildfire 4.0.  I'm guessing the moving parts are "packaged" meaning that they aren't fully constrained.  I did a test assembly similar to that in the video and cntl+shift+LMB doesn't do a thing.  The main type of movement I would need would be for a hinged door on a "control box" which has components in the door that could interfere with the box if not carefully accounted for.  I made this mistake once and now just go by a "rule of thumb" to avoid the issue but when you are confined to a certain box size and you absolutely have to fit numerous components in the door, it's a little stressful to not know for sure if its going to work when you send it off for production.  You can create a datum plane with an adjustable angle to get an idea but most of the time this screws up the whole assembly and you're better off scrapping it and starting over rather than trying to save it.

Aquamarine

I am not sure with WF4. However, set enable_advance_collision yes in config.pro and do not forget set collision detection in Tools>Assembly Settings

Thanks!  That worked.  I never knew you could do that.  Just a small note though, its CTRL+ALT+LMB, not CTRL+SHIFT+LMB.  Just FYI.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived