I'm a CAD Admin (Creo 184.108.40.206) and facing a problem with ISO Welding symbols inside PTC's symbols library (located inside Creo Parametric installation directory).
These ISO Welding symbols are way too long and cannot be changed / varied manually to shorten their horizontal line. In populated drawings - these symbols 'steal the show' due to their (too) large size.
I opened a customer service call (CS16231214 - https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/auth/ssl/case=16231214), and, in response, was advised to open an enhancement request.
My pleading request... Please shorten the horizontal line of all ISO welding symbols (iso_fillet, combine, etc.) or at least give us the option to shorten it via Customization Options.
Regards and Salutation
I agree the out of the box symbol seems a bit large. (I located it and inserted it into a drawing) We use a custom weld symbol in our drawings. Until PTC makes a change, if they make a change, you should be able to copy and modify the provided symbol, making a custom symbol that meets your needs.
It should be as easy as SOLIDWORKS
Thank you for publishing your idea. We need more information as specified in the form you saw in the submission process. (Questions below). The more details and context you give to build a better case, the better.
I also invite you to check out this topic where 2 PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product roadmaps.
Please let us know within the next two weeks.
1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
2. What product & version are you currently running?
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Hello @kdirth ,
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid from: redesigning all the ISO welding symbols.
We do have several in-house welding symbols, but prefer aligning to PTC's library.
Thank you, again!
Thank you, @olivierlp ,
1. working in the Vehicle industry, I'm a CAD Admin, stakeholders: our mechanical designers.
2. Working with Creo 220.127.116.11
3. Stated already above in the Enhancement request...
4. All welding drawings suffer the same symptom of long horizontal lines in the ISO weld symbols in PTC's Symbols library.
5. Solving this issue will be very beneficial, and help us avoid redesigning all the ISO welding symbols from scrach.
Best Regards & Salutation
You might get more traction with product management if you can show that the symbols provided by Creo don't align with ISO/ASME standards. Is there a standard that specifies the shape, size, length of these symbols? If so, how do the PTC provided symbols align with that standard? If there is no official standard, you probably won't have much luck getting them to change them.
MichaelToledano: Thank you for the information you provided. I'd definitely add details as TomU suggests.
AWS symbol size for reference
The link shows an example of a 'Welding Wizard' that helps define the marking of the Welding symbol
Thank you for contributing this idea. I will look into what type of work is needed to complete this in Creo in a future release.
@ToddKraft @olivierlp @MichaelToledano
Exactly my idea... watch this immense long line you cannot get rid off by any chance... Hope this gets implemented very soon...
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.