With DIR_REPORT defined in the Modelcheck settings, if the directory specified does not exist, an error is logged in mc_err.log stating that it did not have write permission to the location, and it instead dumps all the html and png files into the working directory.
Idea: If the specified location does not exist, create it automatically
Thank you for publishing your idea. However, we need more information as specified in the form you saw in the submission process. (questions below). The more details and context you give to document your idea, the better. Think about ways to educate and convince other Community members to support your idea and present your case to the product management team for consideration.
Please let us know within the next two weeks.
1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
2. What product & version are you currently running?
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Additionally, I invite you to check out this topic where 2 PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product roadmaps.
I find this request to be a waste of PTC resources.
It is a one time setup so creating the directory that is used by ModelCheck for DIR_REPORTS can be created by the user when they define the setting in ModelCheck. Since it does not get changed, why add the complexity of checking for the folder existence and then creating it.
We are following up on our request for additional information on your idea. In the absence of further comments from you, we are archiving your idea. You still have the option to post a new idea with all the details required.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.