With DIR_REPORT defined in the Modelcheck settings, if the directory specified does not exist, an error is logged in mc_err.log stating that it did not have write permission to the location, and it instead dumps all the html and png files into the working directory.
Idea: If the specified location does not exist, create it automatically
I had to recreate this after PTC archived it since I did not provide the following critical information:
1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Space. MCAD Administrator. Engineers.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? In production, Creo 5.040. In development, Creo 7.070.
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. It's written up on top where it's easier to see.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Well... when someone uses Creo, we have modelcheck enabled. I have to include a check for this folder in a startup script for Creo because Modelcheck isn't smart enough to do it by itself.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Less customization, greater reliability