Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve Measure Tool

Improve Measure Tool

As-is, the dimension sometimes pops up behind the measure dialogue box, it would be better if it didn't so you wouldn't have to move the dialogue box to find the measurement.  Also, not having to hold the Ctrl key to select two items would be helpful.  Another enhancement would be to be able to escape the measure tool using the middle mouse button.

6 Comments
cruf
5-Regular Member

I think it would also add a lot if the measure tool could also display by default:

Min Distance

Max Distance

X offest

Y offset

Z offset

Solidworks does this and it is extremely helpful.  Instead of having to pick which type of measurement output you want it just gives you everything by default and you can set it up to show this in both metric and english at the same time too.

ChristopherLewi
8-Gravel

we've seen users confused at measure for sure. i can't say i can think of a better solution than to throw away the need to use cntl key though.

MarcVerschelde
3-Visitor

Please allow the option to have the Wildfire 4.0 measuring tool because the CTRL button is not needed and the projected distances are displayed in different colors

dcookson
1-Newbie

The measure tool is awful.  As stated the dialog box is sometimes obstructed and the difficulty in finding orthogonal dimensions is ridiculous. 

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged

ToddKraft
13-Aquamarine
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Improvement to the current measuring tool is under consideration.

Thank you for your input,

Todd Kraft

Creo Product Manager