Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve Spinning When Sectioned

Improve Spinning When Sectioned

With the spin center off, Creo willspin around the model where the middle mouse button (MMB) is clicked.  It usually works well, especially when zoomed in.

When a part or assembly is sectioned, however, it spins around some gemoetry in the removed part of the model.  This makes the model spin off screen very easily adn isvery difficult to control.

The selceted spin center should only be on visible geometry.

4 Comments
Peridot

Of course, I am all for improvements, but I seem to be able to grab geometry on the sectioned feature just fine.  I think the improvement would be to make sure that the removed part of the sectioned geometry is not selectable if it currently is.

I use a 3D mouse, and even if you do set the spin center to say the CS, it tends to forget this.  When you select a specific spin center location with the orientation dialog, it should default back to this chosen location anytime and every time unless you explicitly change it.  Today, the spin center just kind of wanders around.

Also, the orientation dialog does not allow model tree selections of the CS.  How lame!  I have to unhide it or echo it on where the orientation dialog closes in both cases.   That's another 5 mouseclicks I'll never get back.

Topaz II

If I MMB over an area where the sectioned geometry was removed, it spins around the sectioned geometry.  If I MMB over the shown geometry, it spins as expected with the spin center on the visible geometry.

The effect is much worse when zoomed in tight to the sectioned area.

I do have a 3D Connecion Space Navigator and it spins much nicer.  I don't use it much, however, for some reason.

Opal

Please continue to vote here Spin from center of screen

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived