cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the SELECT function and the select function of the DELETE command ?

Is it possible to change the SELECT function and the select function of the DELETE command ?

At the moment you can draw a frame/box from every direction and only the elements which are fully included in the frame are selected.

I would like to propose to preserve this feature for a frame/box which is drawn from left to right.

New:

If you draw a frame/box from right to left all elements which are partially in the selection frame would be selected.

Like in acad and similar programs.

SELECTieren_new.jpg

Maybe with old behavior on/off

Advantages:
DELETE command: Faster cleanup of imported drawings. For exemple hatch transformed to lines
SELECT function: New opportunities for the queries with INQ_SELECTED_ELEM 

If INQ_SELECTED_ELEM SELECT P1 then 4 elements are found,

if INQ_SELECTED_ELEM SELECT P2 then only 1 item is found

and it is random which element is selected.

I would like that all the elements are selected which are located at P2.

Comparable to "Probe Selection" in Modeling

SELECTieren_new2.jpg

SELECTieren_new3.jpg

4 Comments

With verion 18.1 you have control, if the box-selection selects only totaly include components or also  components hit by the box. Just click the Tab-Key and you can toggle at any time during box-selection. Btw. Select has got a lot of improvements in the version 18.1. Vistit the enhancement details page at http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/relnotes/note.jsp?&im_dbkey=135065&icg_dbkey=826

for more information

I removed the category Modeling, since this type of functionality is part of Modeling Version 18.1 already

Garnet

Thanks to you for the information about modeling and the correction.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived