cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolate Component(s) By Hiding ALL Non-Selected Components for Temporary Effect (No Layers or Reps)

Isolate Component(s) By Hiding ALL Non-Selected Components for Temporary Effect (No Layers or Reps)

Please add the ability to select  one or more components and Isolate (hide) all non-selected components in Assembly and Simulation mode.

This will reduce the time to apply Simulation Interfaces, Springs, Features, and assembly constraints.

This would be similar to the Isolate command in Simulate Component Display in the Results Definition Dialog box

This idea is to quickly and temporarily hide components that are in the way without using layers or reps and to redisplay them again with in a second or two using the unhide command.

Thanks,

Don Anderson

3 Comments
Sapphire II

I don't know about simulation mode, but in assembly mode, IF YOU ARE IN THE MASTER REP, try this:

1. Select the components you want to display

2. RMB - Representation - Master

That temporarily makes shows the master rep with only those selected components display. If you want to make it a permanent rep, go to the view manager, select the master rep and save, it will prompt you for a new name (since you can't overwrite the master rep).

Sapphire II

And there are some other possible methods in assembly mode...show only selected components in new simplified rep

I had forgotten I had asked that question (back on the ptc/user exploder)

Garnet

Hi Stephen,

FYI, In simulate one does not have access interact with simplified reps.

I find when I need to temporarily hide all but a few components the creation of Simplified Reps takes to much time for something that I only need for a couple of seconds. In simulate we have a isolate command in the results window where you select a couple of components hit isolate and all other components are hidden from display. Would be nice to have this function available for use in assembly and normal simulate mode when setting up simulations.

Thanks

Don