Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It should be made possible to create dimensions on open B-splines in Annotation

It should be made possible to create dimensions on open B-splines in Annotation

It is currently not possible to create dimensions on open B-splines in Annotation.

It is, however, possible to create 3D-dimensions on open B-splines in Modeling, which can then be transfered to Annotation via a documentation plane. Unfortunately this method does not allow you to transfer the center lines.

It should be made possible to create dimensions on open B-splines in Annotation.

6 Comments
gmatelich
Participant

For me, most commonly tangential dimensions to B-Splines

gmatelich
Participant

Thank you Astrid for the workaround (transferring 3D Anno via docuplane).

gmatelich
Participant

How does this only have two votes? I regularly run into this limitation and it is really frustrating.

Also, why don't I see Astrid's comment anymore - did something break with the new community UI?

PeterKehoe

For me, this has never been an issue that I have run into-that's why I haven't voted for it.

gmatelich
Participant

In this example, I have had to split the spline at the peak of the tip and dimension 6.76 using a linear dimension, where I'd rather use a tangential dimension because I don't trust the split to stay through view updates. The other common place I have this problem is trying to give an overall length dimension of a non-prismatic part.

PTCModerator
Topaz I
Status changed to: Archived