1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We are an OEM car manufacturer; 500+ CAD-users; I´m responsible for CAD methodology. Stakeholders for this topic are e.g. our poduction process planning department and corresponding suppliers (tool and machinery makers) and design departments.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 7 & 8
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
In various applications, the presentation and execution of kinematics are essentual components in order to be able to make the right decisions (e.g. mockup visualization). Often, different software with their own proprietary data formats are used. So far, this often leads to the manual and subsequent implementation of the kinematics for each application. To avoid huge additional effort and data inconsistencies along the process, it would be a great benefit to use the neutral data format STEP AP242 XML in creo to transfer kinematic information between different software products.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Uniformed data kinematic exchange between different software applications and parties
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Kinematic information available throughout whole process chain Less manual effort for reworking data at system-switches (different software) No data inconsistencies as using unique data format even in case of system-switches