Relation strings needs to recognize a line feed character so one can use a single relation in format tables requiring single line entry or multiple lines entries in title blocks.
In the same vane, tables in format files should remember the Wrap Text state when the format is inserted in the drawing. It is odd that this doesn't behave this way already.
Often, fields such as material, finish and even the title often use only one line of text and on some occasions require a second. In order to keep a tidy drawing format, a one-line text be centered in the cell. When 2 lines are required, again the nomenclature should remain centered.
Is it a bug that the Wrap Text option is not maintained with the table in Creo 2.0?
The work around is to change the cell state in the drawing. However, this can easily be overlooked if someone updates the format and doesn't know about resetting the Wrap Text of the cell.
Ultimately and obviously, the line feed option is the better option although both should be updated. With a line feed code, the user can decide exactly where the wrap should occur.
I'm not the only one who thinks this was once available. Can I get some clarification on this?
Creo Parametric 2.0 (M170) -
Topic: Table, Wrap Text
- In order for Wrap Text to work, there must be text in the cell prior to setting the Wrap Text.
- After you put text in the cell, Smart filter on "Table Column", it allows you to set Wrap Text for the column. But if you add a new row to the table, Wrap Text does not carry over to the cell for that column in the new row. And again it is because there is no text in the cell prior to setting Wrap Text (even though the row did not even exist yet)
- Allow for Wrap Text to work for cells that don't have text in them yet
- Allow for Wrap Text to work on columns
- When new rows get added to the table, the Wrap Text should carry over to the new cells if the column is set for Wrap Text.
Can you imagine if you had to set text wrapping for each cell after you entered text into a Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheet?
Wrap text only works for an independent area. I have a large drawing note with a lot of text and different line lengths, into which I want to parametrically show 4 short line from 1 parameter. I need to be able to to use an escape code to have the line breaks. Seems like this would be a simple enhancement.
The year is 2019... Do we have a solution to this yet?
I'd like to create a relation that will split my 50 character (MAX) title into two approximately equal lengths but I don't want the title split anywhere except at the nearest comma.
Not very elegant since Creo does not have looping or array code. I will NOT guarantee it will work with any string thrown at it.
I did stop after extracting the first 4 words, since I figured with 5 letters per word and 2 additional characters ', ' that would hit your 25 limit.
/*TITLE = 'PLATE, L-ARM, CONVEYOR, RECEIVING, PANEL, BODYWELD'
TITLE = 'BRACKET, CONVEYOR, PANEL, RECEIVING, BODYWELD'
if (len1+3+len2+3+len3) >25
If maxlen1 < 25
DWGTITLE1 = extract(title,1,len1+2+len2+2+len3)
DWGTITLE1 = extract(title,1,len1+2+len2)
I would assume that an ARCHIVED idea means 1 of 2 things:
1) PTC has already implemented the request, in which case it should be marked ass implemented.
2) PTC has no plans to implement the request and is ignoring the issue!
This idea was archived because it did not receive a large number of votes from the community over a period of years. If this issue is still applicable, please feel free to submit a new idea. Make sure when you do to encourage your peers on the PTC community to vote for the idea.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.