cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBD Annotations, using relations, don't get updated after a Regenerate! Please fix.

MBD Annotations, using relations, don't get updated after a Regenerate! Please fix.

References:

Ticket - 15684231

SPR - 7847602

Article - https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS296066

We have an instructions for users in an annotation which shows a parameter value, driven by a relation. When we modify the parametric information and regenerate, the annotation is not updating! Support says we need to manually repaint or move the geometry around for it to work. Please fix as this is for a top-down skeleton for dozens of engineers, and the process should be seamless. Users are going to keep on getting hung up with the wrong instructions shown in the annotation. Thanks!

2 Comments
TomU
Emerald II

This shouldn't require a product idea.  It's not called 'Creo Repaint Anytime I Change Something', is called 'Creo Parametric'.  Annotations should automatically update anytime parameter values displayed in them change.  This should be treated as a bug and fixed in the next maintenance release.

<rant>

I'm so tired of "Working as per product specification for Creo Parametric" being used as justification for leaving things broken.  Users shouldn't have to create product ideas and continue to suffer because a PTC specification writer failed to state the obvious in their original specification.  I wish they would take ownership and just say, 'Yep, we missed that.  We'll fix it and make sure to include it in the next maintenance release'.

CS296066.png

</rant>

jwagh
Pearl

Agree 100% Thanks for the </rant> - I love it!