1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. DOD contractor
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 220.127.116.11
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Currently GD&T Advisor does not make use of the PMI information stored in STEP AP242 parameters. Datums, driving dimension, GD&T and mass property information is saved within the STEP AP242 file. Enhance GD&T Advisor so it pulls in dimensional, tolerance and GD&T data.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Model Based Digital Thread: Using STEP AP242 to share only unrestricted model information between different business units and customers who use different CAD and PLM systems.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? This would go a long way in preventing misinterpretation, miscommunication and human error. It would also help in automating some processes such as requirements validation.