cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Make DRAG + ALT available for other core modeling Features

Make DRAG + ALT available for other core modeling Features

1. Product Development / Engineering 

2. Creo Parametric 9

3. We all know you can "DRAG+SHIFT" an Extrude feature to a plane or geometry, and in addition referencing this into the feature. The Warp Feature (Stretch) has a "DRAG+ALT" function that matches the distance to the selected reference, but does not make a solid reference. It only copies the distance for use of your stretch.  This would be great to have in other core features as Extrude or Hole etc. 

4. Working with Windchill, and not being able to use external references in a assembly, now I have to measure the distance and use this value as a variable in the extrude feature of the part, to match the surfaces linig up.  

5. If I could make use of DRAG+ALT with the core feature, this would not set a (external) reference, I would not have break of the feature, and would spare me time using the workaround by measuring. 

1 Comment
achirila
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @Innoptus_Ferry!

Thank you for your idea. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.