cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Make Measurements reflect explode state values

Make Measurements reflect explode state values

Measurements should be capable of being captured in a way that includes the effect of explode state. Currently measuring between entities produces results that only refer back to the non-exploded location of components. It would be helpful for basic service procedure verification activitites if the measurements could be made on the exploded states in the 3D model rather than having to go to a drawing to take these measurements.

7 Comments
jboudreau
4-Participant

Agreed, this NEEDS to happen. I can't could how many times I want to measure something while its exploded...only to have to go and create a drawing just to do it. I think everyone here at NyproMold agrees.

ChristopherLewi
9-Granite

Yep I'm hoping it'll be in Creo 5 🙂

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged

trent_stone
6-Contributor

This should also apply to annotations for a combination state that shows an explode state.

dunebuggyjay
12-Amethyst

How many votes does this need before it gets implemented?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

@dunebuggyjay Votes are in indication of community popularity but nothing else.There are many product ideas that have hundreds of votes.

The links below help explain how it works at PTC.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Welcome-How-To-s/Community-Ideas-and-Product-Managers/m-p/759128

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Welcome-How-To-s/Getting-to-Know-PTC-Community-Ideas/td-p/607208

RicardoPires
3-Visitor

This would be very helpful.

In fact, I though at first that Creo did the thing and I almost made a very big mistake.

It would be very good, because in very large assembles, we could check instantaneously the different states of the assembly and beside that, we could perform measures to evaluate, how must the part should move from the current position, for example.

Family tables, are not a good solution. They take so much time for a small, but important check.

PTC, please add this feature to Creo.