Currently, the Restricted Parameter list is imbedded into a file when that file is created, either a part or a drawing. With changing personnel, I would like to see this list be dynamic and automatically update when a file is opened. This would save time in that the designers would not have to remember to do the manual update.
I suppose a config.pro option setting that would allow the update to be automatic or manual would also be nice so the system admin could control if they want this option.
1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We design large structures and have a steady turn-over of designers who are contractors. This leads to many changes to the config.pro file and often the template files do not get updated at every change to the list.
We are in the energy business sector, designing large centrifuges and the supporting building structure.
I am the Creo/Windchill system administrator and responsible for updating the restricted parameter list across 3 systems.
The designers would benefit from this proposed change as it would save them time if the list was automatically updated. We have about 10 active designers.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? Creo 22.214.171.124 on one system, c Creo 4 M080/M150 on the other 2 systems. Both Creo 4 systems are on the schedule for upgrade to Creo 126.96.36.199 or higher in January.
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. I am trying to get the restricted parameter list to update automatically so the users do not have to go through the menus to do it manually.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Update the names used in drawing sign-offs in a more timely and less work for the designers by doing this one function automatically.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? There would be a time savings if this list updated automatically. The user has to contact me to get the list changed but then for every drawing, they have to manually update the list imbedded in the file. A lot of times, they forget to manually update the list and I get asked to add a name that is already in the list.