Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing offset line features in assembly model tree in Creo 2.0

Managing offset line features in assembly model tree in Creo 2.0

This is has been a big issue for me since I can remember on all versions of Pro/ENGINEER and Creo.  When I create Offset Lines in an exploded view in an assembly, it makes a new feature for each offset line.  For whatever reason, Creo treats these features differently than other features or components in the model tree.  I cannot group them, but I can Hide and Suppress them.  I can put them on layers.  But none of those helps me clean up my Model Tree!  I can use a Tree Filter and if I deselect all Features, I can get them out of the Model Tree that way, but it has the unfortunate side effect of getting all my datum features out of there, too.  My request is simple:

1. Make these behave like other features and components and allow us to group them.  I can group datums and sketches.  Why not these?

2. Add these to the list of feature types on the General tab in the Tree Filters dialog box.  We can already select different types of datum features, rounds, sketches...  Why not Offset Lines, too?  It's really nothing more than a 3D sketch entity anyway, so what's the difference?  While we're at it, should we other features on this Tree Filter list as well? Maybe add cuts and surfaces, too?

3 Comments
Dale_Rosema
22-Sapphire I

Great idea ... and you may want to vote on your own idea....

and this one too...

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2713

Thanks, Dale

Tmetcalf
Emeritus

Good day all,

I am closing this idea and encourage everyone to vote here Creo Parametric 3.0 - Group Offset Lines

Best,

Toby

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Acknowledged