1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Aerospace; CAD Admin; Engineering & Manufacturing personnel.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? Creo Parametric 220.127.116.11.
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Requesting a ModelCHECK check\setting that can detect if an inaccurate Mass has been applied to a model. Example: if a Mass has been changed in the Properties, and then calculated, there's no way to tell that it has been changed, unless each Mass is evaluated manually. In other words, we are asking for a check that would identify a discrepancy between the Assigned mass value (or other properties) and the Computed mass value.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Mass Properties.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Proper weights to our products.
There are times when an entered mass is the preferred choice especially when dealing with purchased parts that we have no idea what the internals look like. There are also some parts that are made of multiple materials, and we don't want to model them as an assembly, yet we want the weight to be right, or at least closer to actual than the modelled weight.
With Creo 7+ and multibody parts, can the different bodies each have their own material assigned and those different densities to calculate the mass from?
Creo 7 and above allows for multiple materials (including densities) to be applied to single parts through the use of bodies.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.