Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure Distance show sign (+/-)

Measure Distance show sign (+/-)

Currently when you measure the distance in a direction, the absolute value of the distance is returned. I would like to see the value be signed, so if the second point is in the direction specified from the first point, the value will be positive. And if the second point is in the opposite direction from the first point, then the value will be negative.

4 Comments
lfortner
Granite

What does mean a direction specified from a point?

PeterKehoe

When measuring the distance between points, you have the option of specifying a direction for that measurement so that it is not just the distance between the points. In the example below, by specifying a direction (the normal of the face), the difference in height between the two parts is measured instead of the straight-line distance between the two points picked.

My idea would be to include a + or - on the distance so that I know not just the difference in height, but also which one is higher.measure_dist_in_direction.jpg

bhug

I opened this topic again for voting. By the last comment from Peter I got more clarity about the expectation and this is not covered by the current development.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived