Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror Copy Command

0 Kudos

Mirror Copy Command

Other than Creo, every 3D modeling software I have used has the ability mirror components in an assembly.  This is done by selecting a mirror components command, selecting a mirror plane, done.  I found all kind of "chatter" on the PTC websites and on bulletin boards, etc.  I've looked for at least an hour and still no intelligent solution.  This needs to implemented ASAP!

5 Comments
Sapphire II

ou can mirror components in an assembly by going to component - create - select part or assembly in the left side and mirror on the right side. You have to give it a new name (this is for new components but it will copy placement of existing components). You a second dialog box, in this box, select MIRROR PLACEMENT ONLY. and also this is where you will select the component (part of assembly) you will mirror and what the mirror plane is.

When you use component create mirror and mirror placement only, it will not create a new component, it will simply mirror the existing components placement based on the mirror plane.

Topaz II

Tom Filipiak

You may want to vote on your own idea.....   

Sapphire II

Unless the original poster has something to add, I would say this needs to be marked as current functionality. Toby Metcalf

There are some documented cases where the assembly mirror command does "odd " things but in general, it works. Re: Component Placement via Create > Part > Mirror

The common problem with the assembly mirror command is that it forces a user to key in (or accept) a new component name prior to the selection of mirror placement only which leads to the misconception (albeit PTC programmed it with deceiving terminology) that only a new component can be mirrored instead of an existing component being placed again.

Also in the link above, it appears there may be in improvement coming in Creo 4 of the mirror command...maybe someone in the Creo 4 sneak peak could confirm that if they have time.

Opal

Thanks Stephen Williams‌ - I am checking with the Creo 4.0 team regarding your question and will respond.

Best,

Toby

Alexandrite

Hi

I can confirm there are some assembly mirror improvements coming in Creo 4.0. 

thanks, Jim